Flow Control Device for E61 group heads.
If you have to replace your e61 mushroom, due to mineral build up and chrome flaking off - then this would be an ideal upgrade, as the mushroom is made from stainless steel, so the lime wont stick and there is no chrome to flake.
This kit allows you, pressure profile by adjusting the pressure of water flowing through the coffee.The flow can be controlled due to its special needle valve, which allows for lengthy pre-infusion for even more saturation and extraction of your espresso drinks.
As the flow is modified , the pressure is shown on the gauge.
All the metal parts are stainless steel so you wont need to ever replace the mushroom, the chrome plated brass mushroom starts to corrode after 3 years.
Fits models: These are confirmed to fit
- ECM: Giotto Classika II, Mechanika iv , Technika III
- Rocket: Appartamento, R58, Giotto , Laura , Michealangelo , Veneziano , Cellini Evo 2, Cellino PID
- Bezzera: Unica, Galatea, Giula, Mitica, Medea
- Profitec: Almost all E61 models
- Expobar: Brewtus 3 and 4
- Izzo Alex Duetto
- Lelit: Mara/Mara X
Should fit as the mushroom are the same dimensions:
- FAEMA : E61, E61 JUBILE, E61 LEGEND
- FIAMMA RST: PRESTIGE
- Isomac: MILLENNIUM, MONDIALE, TEA, ZAFFIRO
- PAVONI: BAR, BART, HOTEL, PUB
- San Remo: MILANO LX, TORINO, VERONA, VERONA 2-3 GR
- Wega: E61
- Grimac E61
- BFC Royal
- La scala
- SV Sab
- Modified group heads
- Astoria: Manufacturer code: 27119
- BFC: CLASSICA, DELUX, GALILEO, GRANDOGE, IMOLA, JUNIOR, LA VITTORIA, LIRA, MARANELLO, MONZA, OPERA
- BRASILIA: CENTURY, CENTURY RESTYLING, CLASSICA, DE-CURTIS, EXCELSIOR, GRADISCA, MINICLASSIC, PORTOFINO Manufacturer code:12790.0.10.04
- FAEMA: E61, E61 JUBILE Manufacturer code:4822135900
- FIORENZATO C.S.: BRICOLETTA, CAMPANILE, COLOMBINA, DUCALE, FENICE, LIDO, MURANO, RIO, VOLANTE
- FUTURA: F100 Manufacturer code:02102300
- FUTURMAT: Ariete , E61
- GRIMAC:ECLISSE, G105, MIA, TEN, TWENTY, ZOLA-I, ZOLA-II
- LAVAZZA : :LB2800, LB4700 Manufacturer code:10066184
- LAVAZZA: LB2800, LB4700
- ORCHESTRALE: ETNICA, PHONICA
- RENEKA: AMICI, ATALANTE Manufacturer code:AT7479956
- ROYAL: DIADEMA, SYNCHRO
- SAB ITALIA: E96, ELLIPSE, MODERNA
- SCALA: BUTTERFLY, CARMEN, EROICA, IRIS
- Vibiemme: CHIMAERA, CUBO, DOMOBAR, DOMOBAR JUNIOR, DOMOBAR-SUPER, DOSAPLUS, MERCURY, REPLICA, REVOLUTION
- WEGA: AIRY, ANTARES, COLOSSEUM, COMBINOVA, ESPRESSA, EURO-2000, FORMULA-MILANO, JUNIOR, MININOVA, NOVA, NOVECENTO, ORION ECO, POLARIS, SPHERA, START, SYNTESIS, VELA Manufacturer code:WY27119
- Long pre infusion - adjust length of pre infusion
- Control flow, lower pressure for 100% arabica, single origin or light roast .
- Lever machine extraction: with pressure control
- Use filter grind with with a lower pressure.
- Stainless steel mushroom - will last longer than chrome covered brass and no mineral buildup
- Stainless steel flow Control with a brass screw to prevent corrosion
- Choice of 2 handles:
- 180 degrees flip handle- Suits models with a low group head .
- Pressure gauge 0-16 bar (The gauge has a direct M6 thread on the back, so the installation is pretty simple and straight forward.)
- Teflon gasket for mushroom washer.
- Teflon tape and small hex wrench needed for gauge installation;
- Special tape to protect Flow Device during installation.
- Spare set of gaskets: 1 x mushroom gasket + 2 x o rings for the stainless steel needle valve.
- Full-length installation guide and servicing manual
How to install: 1.5'' Wrench
⚠️Unplug from electrical socket and let machine cool down 100%.
Set the pump pressure somewhere between 9-10 bars.- if not already.
To determine the OEM flow rate of your machine BEFORE installing the flow device - run the water for 10-20 seconds and measure how many milliliters or grams of water come out per second.
Installing the pressure gauge.
- Without touching the face/glass, wrap the white Teflon tape (included with kit ) on the threads of the manometer to ensure a proper seal.
- Rotating clockwise, and without touching the face/glass, finger-tighten (using tools could cause irreparable damage) the manometer onto the grouphead. Tighten until you feel resistance, and make sure the front of the gauge is facing correctly. You don’t have to screw the manometer all the way to the end of the thread.
- Use a blind basket to test for any air/water leaks. ⚠️Don't stand close to the machine when testing. If leaks are present, tighten either the FCD or manometer.
1. After installing the flow device, you can determine various flow rates at different angles/points. Completely open or close either handle at the 12, 9, 6, or 3 o’clock position. In these instructions, we will be turning counter-clockwise.
2. At the 12 o’clock position there will be no water flow. 9 o’ clock = 2-3 mL/sec. 6 o’clock = 4-6 mL/sec. 3 o’clock = 7 mL/sec, and so on.
⚠️The FCD is directly connected to the grouphead and will therefore become extremely hot, so when turning the FCD handles, be careful so as not to burn yourself. The handles themselves are made of a special heat-resistant plastic.
4. Now you can decide whether you want to create a pressure-only profile (manometer only), or whether you want to introduce flow rate into the mix. We recommend experimenting with a variety of different settings to find your perfect espresso.
⚠️.Make sure you don’t have worn-out gaskets, springs, scale build-up in your grouphead, etc. Taking proper care of your machine will guarantee the FCD functions properly and efficiently.
Over its lifetime the FCD will not work at its optimum as gaskets and springs can wear and a build up of scale can obstruct needle.
Frequently asked Questions :
- Q.Is my pump affected by the Coffee Sensor FCD?
- A. No Pressure reaches the standard 9-10 bar and is adjusted only if FCD is used.
- Q.Is the heat up time affected ?
- A No, When is FCD is at the closed position , it is just above the area where the water circulates slowly inside the GH, with the help of IN and OUT pipes.
- Q Will my pump be affected on the long therm?
- A No - The pump will handle the FCD for a long time. The low pressure given by the FCD usage lasts for seconds.
- Q Which flow control handle should I use?
- A Some coffee machines have a lower positioned group head, so the standard handle could hit the machine’s body. In that case, it’s best to use our flip handle, to avoid the chrome plate from behind the group head.
- Q What are the spare gaskets for?
- A Spare gaskets are for E 61 mushroom and stainless steel needle valve.
- Q Do all machines have same water output? No - Each machine is different, rotary pumps work different to vibration pumps and manufacturers have different E 61 groups.