Gaggia portafilter pressure test gauge
This kit contains a Gaggia portafilter without the spout or basket and a pressure gauge kit that can easily be assembled.
This kit is used to adjust the pressure of the extraction.
Over time your pump pressure fades but when you can adjust the pump you can restore the lost coffee crema.
When finished adjusting the valve you can convert the portafilter into a double or single portafilter - simply add spout and or basket.
How to adjust the gaggia over pressure valve:
You can adjust the over pressure valve, shown left, with a spanner and Allen key.The pressure nut is found just inside the pressure valve, which can to be removed with a spanner.
- Remove the silicon tube attached to the brass barb fitting.
- Use a 18mm socket wrench to remove the brass barb fitting.
- Use a 5mm allen key to adjust the OPV - clockwise will increase the pressure.It needs to be adjusted to 10 bars to give you 9 bars of pump pressure. 1 full revolution of the allen key clockwise, will give you 1 bar pressure.
Gaggia Baby range,
Gaggia Coffee range
Suitable Tamper: 58 mm
Includes: Gaggia porta filter and pressure gauge.
It does not include the filter basket or spout.
Click here for 58 mm Tampers suitable for Gaggia
Measures 0-16 bar
Kit includes :
- 1 x portafilter ( Basket not included)
- 1 x Pressure gauge kit (not assembled)
Does not include:
- Portafilter basket
- Portafilter basket spring
- Portafilter spout
Note: This Gaggia portafilter gauge is packed separately for protection and will need to be screwed on.