Best Milk Frothing Jugs
To get the best latte or cappuccino froth when steaming for Cappuccino or Latte art, your milk must always be cold, taken directly from the fridge 4°C and fresh! Cold milk will give you microbubbles, allowing you to stretch the milk for frothy cappuccinos.
In a commercial setting for the café or bar, you should have different frothing jugs:
The ideal size of commercial milk frothing jug should be 1 litre or 1.5 litres and smaller 0.5 litre milk jug for flat white coffees.
Teflon coated jug is ideal for soya milk or Italian chocolate, so the milk won't stick after frothing and is easily cleaned after.
- Coloured jugs will allow you to distinguish between full-fat milk and skimmed kinds of milk.
- Latte art milk steaming jugs are best for latte art as they have a pouring spout and a shape that aids microbubbles.
- Handle free milk steaming jugs are perfect for latte art and flat white coffees. They are well insulated so that they won't burn your hands.
For the home, the ideal milk jug should be from 400ml to 600ml.
- A more miniature 0.4l jug is ideal for 1-2 cups as you have just enough room and is quicker than a larger jug.
- The 0.6-litre jugs are best suited for larger 58mm groups and will give 2-3 cups at a time.
- The handle-free milk jugs are in smaller sizes. 4.5 litres and will make 1-2 cups at a time. They have silicon insulation to protect your hands.
- These jugs are perfectly designed and shaped to enable you to create smooth milk foam for cappuccinos and latte macchiato. The spouts are ideal for latte art on cappuccinos.
- Home milk frothing jug: 0.4 or 0.6 litres (Ideal for Ascaso, Rancilio and Gaggia coffee machines).