This Motta coffee leveler can be used with any 58mm portafilter.Made in Italy by one of Italy's top tamper and coffee accessories factories
It is is height adjustable - may be a little stiff when new - screw off top anti-clockwise to make leveller deeper.
It is made in Italy to high standards and is heavy weighted at 400 grams.
Not to be confused with lighter levellers, which don't have the weight, to allow even compacting.
Before you tamp the coffee - using this leveler will allow you to obtain the correct density, which will minimize channeling and increasing coffee extraction, ensuring greater consistency in the amount of espresso served.
Height: 25mm - 33mm (inc top)
Material: Stainless steel base and black matt painted top
- The Motta leveler has 3 angled slopes that consistently, efficiently and evenly glides the coffee around in a circle to create a puck of even density. No more inconsistencies between baristas distribution in the café.
- This Motta coffee leveler creates a perfectly flat surface to tamp upon, creating more consistent puck density. Baristas leave a slight mound or indentation in the coffee, which means they tamp down inconsistencies in the puck density.
- This Motta coffee leveler can be adjusted to suit a range of doses, depending on specific roasting styles. This tool can even suit those using very low doses or larger baskets.
- No more dirty, cracked coffee fingers after a day of service on the espresso machine.
- Less channelling & micro-channelling - improper or rushed distribution, is more likely to channel which effects taste.