Wooden WDT tool
Stainless steel and wood handle tool for naked portafilters.
After grinding directly into the portafilter, air pockets and clumps develop in the grounds, which lead to channelling, often resulting in coffee spray with naked portafilters. Channelling occurs when the puck is not compacted fully.
Using this tool, combined with a coffee leveller and a tamper will help eliminate the spray from a naked portafilter - giving you maximum coffee cream and a full bodied shot.
This needle distributor is an ideal declumping tool - also known as WDT, or the Weiss Distribution Technique as it removes the clumping and air pockets often found with really fresh and very finely ground coffees.
Available in a choice of 3 wooden handles:
- Walnut wood - satin matt finish - same as image shown
- Ash wood - satin matt finish - more grain than the walnut or beech - close match to Oak .
- Beech wood - satin matt finish - same as image shown
How to use needle distributor as a WDT tool:
• Material: Stainless steel with wooden handle Walnut | Maple | Ash wood
• Size: L: 129mm x 32mm | 5.2'' x 1.4'' Inches